In order to improve and enhance employee job satisfaction, you need to figure out what matters to your employees the most. When pondering this question, we’ve discovered that there is more to employee job satisfaction than you may have originally considered.
In fact, quite shockingly, we’ve learned of two factors that top the list of job satisfaction contributions that include:
- employee/senior management communication improvements
- employee/supervisor relationships
As you can see, employees want better relationships with their supervisors and they want to be able to communicate with leadership clearly and concisely.
Obviously, there are other major factors that help to contribute to the happiness of your employees. We will take a look at 10 of these factors and discuss them further.
10 Excellent Ways to Increase Job Satisfaction for Employees
Here they are in no particular order:
- Respectful treatment in the workplace – employees with lesser responsibilities often feel like second-class citizens in some organizations. They deserve your respect, and their job satisfaction will increase when you respect these employees and treat them just like everyone else.
- Senior management/employee trust – people are happier and more satisfied when they feel like they are trusted. When senior management entrusts employees with greater responsibilities, employees will experience more fulfillment.
- More benefits – employees need perks and benefits when on-the-job. The more your organization offers them, the happier and more satisfied they will be.
- Greater monetary compensation – this should be obvious, but employees will certainly experience greater job satisfaction when they feel they are being well compensated for their efforts. The more money you pay an employee, the more satisfied they will be. On the flipside, when you pay people better they typically work harder, longer, and more productively so that they can continue to earn their keep. Consider time and attendance software to aide supervisors in evaluating who goes over and beyond their 9 to 5 to create better results for the company. This is a great tool to evaluate giving a bonus or raise where performance is higher.
- Job security – when an employee feels that he or she is on the verge of losing their job, this can often lead to a stressful and unsatisfying situation. On the other hand, job security is a great way to feel fulfilled with your work.
- Employee/supervisor relationship – nobody wants to feel alone at work. Forming relationships with your employees – appropriately for business – will help them feel gratitude and greater fulfillment for their work.
- Using specialized skills – everybody wants to feel like they have a purpose. When employees have specialized skills, it’s in your best interest to allow them to utilize them. They will feel greater levels of gratitude and contentment when they can use their specialized and unique skills and abilities to help benefit the company.
- Utilizing and respecting ideas – employees have ideas to improve their job performance – or the company on the whole for that matter. Listen to your employees. Utilize their ideas. It shows that you respect them and leads to greater workplace satisfaction.
- Financial stability – when your company is financially stabilized, your employees will feel greater satisfaction.
- Job performance recognition – when members of your staff do an excellent job, recognize this fact publicly. It leads to contentment and greater overall job satisfaction for all employees involved.
Please use these 10 recommendations to create more satisfaction for employees in the workplace.